Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Invisible Ink

I had this idea that I wanted to use my color changing polish in a marble to see the effect that it would have on the look.  Well, it turned out nothing like I saw it in my head--and the polish was actually hard to work with in the water.  (That is the thing about water marbling: you may have the best idea and color choices that you want to use, but they might not disperse right in the water or dry to fast to get a good marble.  I get sad sometimes about that.  Typically I have found sparkles and metallics have a hard time for marbling.  Now I'm adding color changing polish to that list)  Anyway, even though it didn't turn out like I saw in my head, I thought this was actually a kind of cool result.  Since it's mostly hot here now, and the color changing polish didn't spread a lot in the water (which means less on the nail), you don't really get a chance to see the darker color this polish when looking at this manicure.  I feel like I have a secret hidden in my polish and that kind of excited me!  You may never see it, but I know it's there (and I'll see it every time I run my hands under cold water and want to see a surprise).

Left Hand Light and Dark:


Right Hand Light and Dark:


Thumb Close Up Light and Dark:

First I base coated my nails with OPI Skinny Dip'N in Lake Michigan.  I used China Glaze Tinsel, Sexy Silhouette and Claire's Daring/Innocent Mood Changing Polish for the three marble colors.  I used two coats of Seche Vite to finish the look.    

4 comments:

Erin said...

Awesome! I think it looks great. And it's so cute that you get sad about difficult marbling. !!! <3

Ginger @ GReads! said...

woah... so the colors change when you have your hands under hot water? Thats pretty cool.

Recalcitrant Nails said...

Awesome idea. I might have to borrow something similar to it in the future. Hope that is okay ;)

heatheryruth said...

As always AWESOME! I think it turned out great! Also good to know about the kinds of polish that are good/bad for marbling maybe that's been the problem when I try, I almost always have a metallic color in my mix. For future tries...NO METAL hehe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...