Monday, August 16, 2010

On The DL

I majorly broke two nails this weekend sporting a mani I haven't posted yet.  So I cut them all down to the nubs and am starting from scratch.  I decided to do a nude manicure since I didn't want to completely make them stand out, but I can't just do totally boring, so I marbled.  I think it turned out nice--it's subtle (as seen in the full hand shot) but interesting.





I used Wet n Wild Rock Solid Nail Lacquer in Pink Sapphire as a base color (two coats).  I polished with the same color plus OPI Skinny Dip'n In Lake Michigan and Essie Chinchilly for the other marble colors.  I used one coat of Seche Vite to top.

6 comments:

Erin said...

I love this! I didn't know you broke nails this weekend! And I'm glad to see you got your ring back from being sized and soldered ;-)

Ginger @ GReads! said...

I like this & I like your wedding ring too ;-)

danielle said...

really nice, i love the subtle marble :)

Ryah said...

Hoyt said he loves this mani.


Have you ever done a cherry blossom design? I think that would be pretty.

Unknown said...

I lie this a lot!

kellie said...

Wow! I never thought to marble with such subtle colors .. it's gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...