Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Marble Hearts

This will be my last Valentine's day manicure (well at least before the day). I have each of my days planned as I'm getting ready for vacation, so time's up! I think this marble turned out pretty well. The hearts may not be too obvious on every nail, but when I say "hearts", you see hearts. As a marble, it was a bit difficult and due to my perfectionist nature, I did re-do a few nails after final inspection, but 14 marbles for 10 nails isn't too bad! I hope you all have someone to share some love with this V-day--whether it be a partner, a friend, a mom, a brother, a pet or a pillow!

Right Hand:


Left Hand:

Non-Flash:

I painted a base for the marble with two coats of Zoya Jolene, then used the same color plus China Glaze Salsa in order to "marble" the hearts. I sealed the look with one coat of CND Shiny.

11 comments:

Kelly said...

This is so cute!! Love the marble heart idea!!! ^_^

Jan (hueandme-jan.blogspot.com) said...

this is just lovely!!! happy valentines! enjoy your vacation :)

Aseya said...

OH WOW!!! That looks beautiful!! So creative!

Erin said...

holy crap, do I love this!

Kari said...

Wow! How long did it take you to capture those heart shapes correctly?

polish lava said...

how wonderful!!!! i totally want to do a valentines water marble.

iPolished said...

Thanks guys! @kari--the marbling wasn't too hard. I did some practice marbles to see if it was possible and was satisfied with this design. Maybe I'll include some pictures of the marble process.

Jessie said...

likie

Pretty said...

awesome... :-D

paint that nail said...

So cute, very creative!

Elizabeth said...

Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...